Captains Log. Stardate 1-27-2009. The crew has been captured and is being held captive by that fiend that we call "Snow." We have attempted several times to fight this dastardly enemy, but it has thwarted every attack. We attempted to shovel it away. It responded by blowing directly in our faces, causing temporary blindness and irritation. Laying down ice proved ineffective. Snow's one mortal enemy, the Sun, has finally arrived to aid us in our escape. I believe we should be free come sunrise tomorrow. Captain Jason, over and out.
Now tell me that didn't sound like the beginning to the best Star Trek episode ever.
So yeah. I'm kinda stuck here. Not as bad today as it was yesterday, when my car literally could not make it out of the parking lot. Today I actually made it the entire 1/2 mile to the bank and back!!
No classes today 'cause of the snow. Which was bittersweet, because there is not much to do around here as of late, especially when you're snowed in. I did get some Work and Learn hours in. I don't know why they call it Work and Learn: I rarely work and I never learn anything.
School's goin' pretty good. Start off with Philosophy. Talk about a crazy teacher! On the first day, she says to us (and I quote): "Hopefully, this course will enable you to achieve an elevated sense of the nature of mankind, and enable to you to think abstractly about the universe around us." I spent most of this class devising a list of the multiple drugs she could be on.
Then we have English. An entire course on Chaucer, the author of the Canterbury Tales. Now, the teacher is okay, and the reading is difficult but managable. The tough part: a 6000 word paper I have to do by the end of the semester. I'm not sure I know that many words.
Next there is Fundamentals of the Internet, which may as well be renamed Get an A or Drop Out of Life. Monday nights, I have Sociology of Gender Roles. I'm pretty sure my teacher dislikes me for being a guy. Because I'm sure it's MY fault women were oppressed back in the day. Video Production should be a lot of fun. I actually know some of the people in there, and the teacher is also my advisor. So that's not too bad.
I'm on day 3 with no soda. I feel pretty good about myself, although I am experiencing major caffeine withdrawal: I tend to throw something every time I see a soda commercial. I do get a little caffeine through Hydrive energy drinks, which are so delicious, and actually quite healthy for an energy drink.
Other than all that, life continues at LU. Life probably continues everywhere else, too. Got my check from Mom today for $120. Meaning I have $117 to my name (Hydrives + Combos = Heaven on Earth). I guess I should go, this post is getting a little long. Come on back now, ya hear?
Daily Joke: A man walks into a dentist's office and says, "I think I'm a moth." The dentist says, "If you think you're a moth, why'd you come to the dentist?" The man said, "Because the light was on!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Edit: Laying down ice proved ineffective should read "Laying down Salt" proved ineffective.
ReplyDeleteYou have to be a little special to be a Philosophy teacher I think. They should at least have the courtesy to pass out their pharmaceutical of choice to the rest of the class. That way everyone could think in an equally abstract fashion.
ReplyDeletewith how long this post was I think you wont have any problem with that 6000 word paper. Hmm although I wouldn't talk about star wars in it :)
ReplyDelete