Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Yo Ho, Yo Ho!!

Oh, life as a college kid who has a million thoughts in his head...

Well, life continues I suppose. I still really feel like I would be happier going to college in KC. Today I found out I could have gone to college in KC for the same price at LU, but I didn't know about it until it was too late. 

But I can still go to Park University (which is the Park Pirates, hence the title) for less than 3,000 next year. If I can manage to get all A's this semester, it suddenly goes down to under 2,000. Which is pretty sweet. Worst case scenario I have to take out a small student loan. I really feel like this might be the right decision for me.

That being said, I would like to outline the reasons for wanting to return to KC, in no particular order:

1. I do have a lot of friends in KC, including a few of the best friends I will ever have in this world. Every time I come back to KC, it kills me that I have to leave on Sundays.

2. Family. Yes, that is maybe the biggest one for me. Think about it: after doing the math, I have a total of 19 family members who live in KC, all of whom are totally awesome and fun. I hated missing a few of the birthday parties the family threw, and I especially hate the fact that I will miss Mom's. 

3. Church. Another huge reason I want to stay. Chad and Sam are huge influences on my life, and I absolutely love playing music every week with those guys. Plus it gives me and Ethan a chance to hang, which is totally awesome.

Those are the big 3. Let me know what you guys think. I am looking for opinions on this from anyone and everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Are you wanting to go the Parkville campus? Or one of the satellites?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it sounds like you already know what you want to do and are just looking for reassurance from others. You need to do what makes you happy. Missing your family is really hard. I seriously cried every day for like the first year after I moved and it still makes me sad that I miss so much of what goes on there. I say to what you need to do! You'll do great no matter where you are, you're too smart not to.

    ReplyDelete