I think when Chaucer was writing The Canterbury Tales, he must have been just cracking up. The book feels like a huge practical joke: he was probably thinking, "Ha! I will write this book in Middle English, so that after you spend hours translating it, you will realize it literally means nothing! Ha!" In my mind, Chaucer has a cackly voice and a long gray beard and he's writing in a dark cave. Just to give you a visual.
I have been forced to eat fast food the last 2 nights, but by the grace of God I think I will survive that. The Cafe apparently closes at 6:30, and I was napping at the time. It's weird; I haven't been doing very much lately, but I consistently seem tired and exhausted.
I got 12 (count 'em-12) Work and Learn hours this week. For those of you keeping score at home, that's 2 more than I needed this week. This morning, Work and Learn literally consisted of riding around with my boss listening to him rant about his low pay and scarfing down the donut he bought me. Pretty sweet gig, huh?
I'm getting ready to go see an improv show at the Theatre in a few minutes. Should be a lot of fun. The new building for the theater is incredibly huge; I'm pretty sure Lewis and Clark would get lost a few times in there.
Well, I better get going. In case I don't see ya; good evening, good afternoon, and good night!
Daily Joke: A man walks into a bar and hears someone say, "Nice jacket!" He turns to the bartender and says, "Who said that?" The bartender says, "It's the nuts. They're complimentary!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry about the tiredness and exhaustion. I feel you on that. It runs in the family, there really is no escaping it.
ReplyDeleteIt is so not true that it runs in our family. Why, I have all kinds of energy. Malcolm, honestly you are cracking me up. I almost feel like I'm sitting through those miserable classes with you. Now I know why I never took Philosophy (or Chaucer).
ReplyDelete