Thursday, February 5, 2009

Polyphonic Spree and Fake Conversations

"Follow the day and reach for the sun!"

Part of the lyrics to one of the best songs I have heard in a long while. It's by a group called The Polyphonic Spree, who's CD I just received today (thank you Mom). Very positive and uplifting music sung by a full choir. "Can anyone say beauty in song form"? (If you can't say that, then stop reading and go work on your speech...)

2 classes on the day, Video Production and History of Film. Yes, I know. It's quite a tough schedule I have up here, but I'll manage somehow... In Film History, we watched a newer movie called Grizzly Man, a documentary about a man who lived with bears for 13 summers until he was attacked and killed by one. A sad story, right? Well, throughout the movie, the guy sitting next to me was laughing and talking. And not whispering, but talking out loud to the person behind him. Finally, I said, "Hey, man, you mind? I'm trying to watch this thing." Oh, yeah. He shut up real quick. (Disclaimer----The previous conversation never actually happened. In reality, I sat there quietly and let this person ruin the movie. But in my mind, I was the courageous warrior standing up for my right to moviewatching.)

Well, that was the highlight of my day, other than brownies in the Cafeteria today. If you ate at my cafeteria every day, you would understand my excitement at something that many would consider commonplace.

I almost made it a whole day without updating my blog. Ah well.... Peace out.

5 comments:

  1. Hmm well sometimes I feel like a man living with a bunch of bears...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I keep trying to comment and all kinds of weird things happen here in Cyberspace. I was laughing so hard at your blog. Your writing is just like David Sedaris'. Keep it up, it's great entertainment for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, are they the ones that were on Scrubs? Where there were like 105 of them crammed in a hospital room wearing gowns and playing tambourines and harps and such? Or am I thinking of someone else?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A whole CD of those people? Wow you are a freak lol! Hey just wanted you to know that conversation you had in your head with the guy in film class, I have those all the time! In fact just last nite I had a conversation similar to that with my boss at work. Decided later it may be more beneficial to say it out loud lol (or I may gt fired, either way!)

    ReplyDelete